Join 1,000 others
on the largest
student hitch-hike
across Europe.

Read from the beginning

Read from the beginning
Posts are listed in reverse order, so
click here to go straight to the first post and start reading.

15 January 2011

Student Loan Week!

Not for me of course because poor luck stalks me in the streets. Everyone else, however, should now be rich, or at least should be in slightly less overwhelming debt, so fundraising shall begin again shortly. Before you drink it away, or spend it on useless “books” and “knowledge”, why not celebrate your new found wealth by giving generously like my flatmate, Mike Goodwin? Mr Goodwin has sponsored £10, which I appreciate very much, bringing my total up to £172.04. In other fundraising news, the charity gig that myself and Charlie Craven are organising has had a slight setback. Namely, my associate inadvertently booked all of the bands for the wrong month. Fortunately when we went to talk to the guys at the venue, they were more than happy to change their calendar. The gig will be held on Saturday 26th of February at The Ship Inn. Bands will include Mobius Loop, Lupa Tom and Katie Ryan; and although entry is free, we will be wandering around with one of those classy plastic charity buckets, harassing people to part with their hard earned cash, unearned government grants, ill gotten money from grifting, we’re not picky.

After an email from LCD, I’ve been reading through their online Hitch resources, namely the guidelines like the advice for women. Steph is not much of a baggy trousers sort of girl, but I really don’t think she’ll get away with wearing... well this... in a predominantly Muslim country. Also, the guide politely mentions that western women are seen as the sluts of the world by other countries, I hope she doesn’t feel too objectified while she’s there. As for scams that run in Morocco, my huge trust issues ensure that I wouldn’t even trust a Buddhist monk with borrowing fifty pence for a cup of tea, so I think we’ll be fine on that front. My biggest concern is going to be the language barrier when hitching in France and Spain, as I’ve tried learning French on a few occasions for months at a time and been completely unsuccessful. Seriously! What is the deal with inanimate objects being arbitrarily assigned masculine or feminine gender? So I’ll be once more trying to brush up on some phrases and hoping that many of our lifts parler anglais.

Courtesy of lloydjonesalloneword.blogspot.com/


To sign off, since I have no image to include in this post, friend and Illustrator, Lloyd Jones has agreed to supply me with a smattering of his artwork because, well, it’s awesome.
Please sponsor me and subscribe.

No comments: