Join 1,000 others
on the largest
student hitch-hike
across Europe.

Read from the beginning

Read from the beginning
Posts are listed in reverse order, so
click here to go straight to the first post and start reading.

29 January 2011

Not much to say

I haven't done a great deal towards Hitch recently as I've been focusing more on my assignments and chores, which is kind of a new thing for me. That being said, I still managed to receive a generous sponsorship of £10 from Dan Hooper, friend, film set dogsbody and titan among men. It’s a good thing too, because if I hadn’t, then I’d have nothing to write about and this post would be lost to my bitching about Orange, my mobile phone provider. Seeing as their company is set up throughout France, Spain and Morocco, I asked if they could waive the roaming fees for the trip, as it’s for a good cause. I’d continue, but then I’d have to flagrantly overuse a number of naughty words.

It's like they want me to symbolically wipe my arse with my network provider.


Next week, I have a lot more going on. I plunged myself into a bit of anxiety by agreeing to give a Hitch presentation in front of my biggest audience ever, about four-hundred people. As for Steph, she’s planning on getting up in front of one of her own lectures. She’s a tad worried, but I think she’ll do brilliantly. We’re also going out together on Wednesday to collect in a local shopping centre, assuming the management get back to me on time. Otherwise, it’ll be harassing drunk people in pubs for us.

Total raised for me is now £182.04 which you can add to by clicking here and if you would like to keep up to date, you can click here to do so. Lastly, don't forget that the closing date if you want to do the Hitch is this Tuesday, the 1st of February, so as a toilet cubicle graffiti artist once wrote: "for a good time, call 020 7704 8212".

No comments: