Join 1,000 others
on the largest
student hitch-hike
across Europe.

Read from the beginning

Read from the beginning
Posts are listed in reverse order, so
click here to go straight to the first post and start reading.

08 October 2010

Information meeting

Yesterday I hopped on a train to go to the Hitch information meeting at Manchester University. It’s a big city and I had no clue where I was going, but praise Google for Google Maps, and then curse their name and wish a plague on their families for Google Navigation which led me the longest route possible. I was wearing my Hitch t-shirt in the hope that I might bump into other Hitchers going the same way, but I’d arrived very early with the expectation of getting really lost.

It was fairly short and sweet, mostly to convince people who hadn’t signed up yet. I went mainly to meet other people crazy enough to want to hitch across a continent. They were a very cool group of people and, whereas most students at Central Lancashire are from Manchester, oddly there didn’t seem to be many Mancunian students in the small part of Manchester University that I saw. They were mostly Southerners (yay!). The presentation went off without a... No, I can’t bring myself to say it. Also, one of the committee members brought a box of I <3 Hitch cupcakes she’d made and some cheap wine to bribe people to sign up with.  We heard stories of previous Hitch experiences and went down the pub for a quick drink after before I headed home. Meeting them all was very reassuring.

Tasty Hitch-themed treats

Hitch reps, Deme and Harriet being authoritative
I found out earlier this week that I am now sans hitching partner. My partner can’t come because she’s washing her hair that week, so I expect I’ll be heading off to Manchester more over the coming months to scout for a new best friend that hopefully won’t turn out to be a serial killer.

Don’t forget to subscribe and please donate using the links in the side bar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No comments: